- Marcus Belgrave, special guest trumpeter and last surviving horn player from the Ray Charles band of the fifties and staff trumpeter of Motown Records in the sixties
- Robert Hurst, bassist and multiple Grammy and Emmy winner, several-year member of both Wynton and Branford Marsalis bands, nearly a decade as the bassist/composer/director of “The Tonight Show” band with Jay Leno, and bassist on Paul McCartney’s most recent album “Kisses on the Bottom”
- UM Jazz Professor Geri Allen, pianist and Blue Note recording artist
- Um Jazz Professor Sean Dobbins, drummer and PHS class of ’93
The AAPS District News welcomes thoughtful comments, questions and feedback.
All comments will be screened and moderated.
In order for your comment to be approved:
- You must use your full name
- You must not use profane or offensive language
- Your comment must be on topic and relevant to the story
Please note: any comment that appears to be spam or attacks an individual will not be approved.