- Pioneer Science Olympiad impresses at nationals with fifth place finish
- Students, staff & parents clap-out Bach fifth graders on last day of school
- Inspired by a book, Lawton fifth graders raise $1303 for Water for South Sudan
- Pittsfield students raise money for ChadTough Foundation; Michigan QB Dylan McCaffrey lends support
- 3 questions for: Kaye Hoffmeyer, RE acceptance to Oakland University’s musical theatre program
Peace Neighborhood Center hosts a 40th Anniversary Block Party on June 23 from 5-8 p.m. on the front lawn of the center, 1111 N. Maple Road. The center has brought westside families together for fellowship and assistance.
“Sonya Kotov’s laugh is without a doubt one-of-a-kind, as is her style of storytelling,” writes student journalist Emma Machcinski from Community High School. Find links to her story and a fun sound track.
Community High School’s newsmagazine The Communicator wins a Pacemaker award, new online edition launched.
Student journalists at Community High School head for Washington, D.C. this month to accept finalist honors in the Newspaper Pacemaker contest, known as the “Pulitzer Prize of student journalism.” The Ann Arbor school is one of seven in the country to receive the honor. A new Web page is also debuting.