- Ashley Garvin, Bryant Elementary young fives teacher
- 30 seconds with: percussionist Brian Young, 2005 Pioneer grad
- First in a series: Q & A with Curriculum Coordinator Amy Deller-Antieau, District Science Department Chair, Grades 6-12
- Neighbor’s sidewalk art welcomes, inspires Allen Elementary students
- Being sent to the principal’s office: Not so bad after all
The AAPS Board of Education voted at the Aug. 14 meeting to rescind the $100 fee for the 7th-hour class offered at Huron, Pioneer and Community High Schools.
The Board has instructed the AAPS Administration to further study this fee-based 7th-hour class program.
Trustee Irene Patalan supports this motion and looks forward to continue to study the 7th-hour class fee-based option. Trustee Andy Thomas commented that he supports the 7th-hour class fee but says the district is struggling with valuable things like the 7th-hour class and the financial situation of the district.
The board voted unanimously to rescind the $100 fee effective this school year.