- All Ann Arbor Public Schools will remain in virtual learning on Monday, January 10, 2022.
- Most AAPS campuses will transition to in-school learning beginning on Tuesday, January 11, 2022.
- Based on staff positive COVID-19 case data, the following schools will remain virtual with an anticipated return to in-person learning on Tuesday, January 18, 2022:
- Ann Arbor Open
- More schools or classrooms may be added to this list above based on new data.
- There may be disruptions to some transportation routes.
Moving forward, these transition decisions will be made on a classroom, grade level, and school-by-school basis, based on:
- the ability to staff schools for in-school learning, supervision of students and safe in-school operations,
- high numbers of positive COVID-19 cases within a given classroom or school, and
- guidance by Washtenaw County Health Department (WCHD) in response to a COVID outbreak situation.
Please note: There may be days when we are required to modify operations, such as suspending some transportation routes. We are monitoring staff illness and attendance around the clock to determine the viability to appropriately staff schools and support operations and to notify our staff, students, and parents as early in the process as possible.
While we work to notify parents as soon as we possibly can, these situations can at times change rapidly. We will continue to do everything we can to achieve in-school learning and to communicate often.