Tickets are on sale now for the 21st citywide talent search
Pioneer Theatre Guild’s FutureStars 2023 returns for its 21st year at the newly renovated Schreiber Auditorium at Pioneer High School. A citywide talent search for Ann Arbor’s next star, FutureStars showcases students from Ann Arbor’s public high schools as they perform popular songs by various artists and compete for the title of FutureStar 2023.
Students are guided by professional coaches who assist them in learning their songs and preparing for their performances on the big stage. The event also features two medley performances by the RisingStars, a show-choir-type group that feature the many talents of the underclassmen.
Students also serve as the hosts for the evening. They work together to write the script and MC the show.
The evening’s performances are judged by a panel of judges. The judges select the top five performances and then the audience ultimately crowns the winner of FutureStars based on crowd noise.
Show Date: Saturday, February 11th at 7:30 p.m.
Location: Schreiber Auditorium, Pioneer High School, 601 West Stadium Boulevard
Reserved Seating Tickets are on sale now: https://www.showtix4u.com/events/ptg
$15 Students/65+ seniors/Pioneer Staff
Historically, FutureStars tickets sell out so advance purchase is encouraged. If tickets are available, the box office will be open one hour before the performance.
For more information about PTG, visit https://a2ptguild.org
Director/Producer: Jayme Kelmigian
Music Director: Adam Plomaritas
Assistant Music Director: Ken Pesick
Vocal Coaches: Bri Bradley, Athena Johnson, Adam Plomaritas
RisingStars Directors: R. Mackenzie Lewis, Dana Steiner
Host Coach: Sevon Askew
Performance Coaches: Callum Mein
Technical Director: Mysti Plummer
Panelist of Judges for FutureStars 2023:
· Matthew Altruda – Ann Arbor’s 107one Tree Town Sound Radio Host and Sonic Lunch summer concert series curator
· Blake Corum – University of Michigan Football running back
· Angela Davis – Detroit-based singer, songwriter, and author
· Naz Edwards – Broadway performer, Voice Actress, and Voice and Acting teacher and clinician
· Liz Gray – Vocal technician, Actor, Director, and justice-centered educator on faculty with University of Michigan Department of Musical Theatre
· Nikhai Hill Green – University of Michigan Football linebacker
· Geoff Packard – Seasoned broadway performer and assistant professor of acting and directing with the University of Michigan Department of Theatre & Drama
· Christopher Taylor -The Mayor of the City of Ann Arbor since 2014