The Gordan Group Agency of Meemic Insurance, which provides insurance for 175,000 educators and their families, continues to support the Ann Arbor Public Schools with generous grants.
Recently the company awarded 11 teachers with $300 each to attend the professional development conference of their choice (two teachers are splitting the award).
The following list includes teacher names, subject and conference focus:
- Sherri Hane, Dicken Elementary, Science, Next Generation Science Standards
- Anthony Galardi, Carpenter Elementary, Media and Technoloy, Educational Technology
- Debra Bondy, Scarlett Middle School, Middle School Tech Ed, STEM activities for MS
- Erin Hansen, Slauson/Bach/Haisley, Elementary and Middle School Music, Teaching beginning musicians to tune their instruments (she is presenting at conference)
- Karen McDonald, Pattengill Elementary, Art, Connecting art to core instruction
- Ellen Daniel, Scarlett Middle School, English, Common core State Standards in ELA and Content Literacy
- Pecolia Jarmond, Pioneer High School, SISS, Writing IEP goals that are aligned with Common Core State Standards
- Michael Hulett, Allen Elementary, SISS, Adaptive Technology
- Margot Schapiro, Community High School, SISS, Narrative Assessment and Intervention
- Susan Schneider, Huron High School, Mathematics, Common Core State Standards alignment and instruction
- Megan Franzen, Bach Elementary, Next Generation Science Standards
The Gordon Group Agency of Meemic Insurance has provided money for a behavioral intervention program at Tappan Middle School, for teachers to attend professional development conferences and for other professional development-related expenses. To learn more about the company, check out its website or call 734-821-1555.
Be the first to comment