Now in its fourth year, Anna’s Day of Kindness has grown into a weekend of events, honoring Anna LeFort’s compassion and service on the anniversary of her death.
The Forsythe Middle School student passed away in 2017 following a brief illness. Anna loved to help others, so her family started Anna’s Kindness is a 501(c)(3) charity that provides middle school students opportunities to help the less fortunate. In the last three years, Anna’s Kindness hosted over 80 volunteer opportunities for hundreds of students her age.
The full stories and more photos of the recent volunteer events are available at annaskindness.org:
- Thursday: Rainstorm couldn’t dampen the surprise, joy of The Gilbert senior citizens
- Friday and Sunday: Foster dogs forget their ailments when middle school volunteers arrive
- Saturday: Poop and Pax: A cleanup and a breakthrough at Starry Skies
- Saturday: Volunteers plant a springtime ‘Welcome Home’ mat for Alpha House residents
- Sunday: Rain or shine (or both), alumni determined to finish spring landscaping at Peace
“We may have lost our Anna, but we know we have inspired many more ‘Anna’s’ through these acts of charity and kindness,” said the LeFort family in a statement, adding that they would like to thank AAPS for continued support.