Distribution of devices began today and continues every day through Thursday, Sept. 3 at four locations.
By Jo Mathis/AAPS District News Editor
AAPS’s technology distribution plan to provide a new or refurbished device for every student kicked off today at four district sites.
The district asks that each school-aged child have a district-issued device: an iPad for Y5, K, and 1st grades; and Chromebooks for grades 2-12.
Refurbished and newly purchased devices are available for all students. All devices are preconfigured with the learning platform, learning applications, access to the academic reading library and a full digital library customized for each level.
Technology is available via a drive-through distribution and continues on Tuesday, Sept. 1, Wednesday, Sept. 2, and Thursday, Sept. 3.
The technology distribution has been scheduled by last name:
|Aug 31||Sept 1||Sept 2||Sept 3|
|8:00 – 11:00 AM||A-B||G-H||N-O||T-V|
|11:00 AM – 2:00 PM||C-D||I-K||P-Q||W-X|
|2:00 – 5:00 PM||E-F||L-M||R-S||Y-Z|
|5:00 – 6:00 PM||Make-up||Make-up||Make-up||Make-up|
The four locations are:
Balas Building, 2555 South State
- Elementary Schools: Allen, Angell, Bryant, Burns Park,
Carpenter, Mitchell, Pattengill, Pittsfield, Ann Arbor Open (K-8)
- High Schools: Community, Pathways
Huron High School, 2727 Fuller Rd.
- Elementary Schools: King, Logan, Thurston
- Middle Schools: Clague, Scarlett
- High School: Huron
Pioneer High School, 601 West Stadium Blvd.
- Elementary Schools: Bach, Eberwhite, Lawton
- Middle Schools: Slauson, Tappan
- High School: Pioneer
Skyline High School, 2552 North Maple Road
- Elementary Schools: Abbot, Dicken, Haisley, Lakewood, Wines
- Middle School: Forsythe
- High School: Skyline
- A2 Virtual Students should pick-up their device(s) based on their home school location.
- A2 Steam and Preschools at Allen, Bryant, Thurston, Mitchell and Westerman will schedule a pick-up specifically for their school communities.
If parents are unable to pick up technology devices during this week, we will continue to support students and families to ensure that every child receives a learning device.
For questions about devices, contact email@example.com.