- Skyline High holds 2017 Homecoming Parade; see video and slideshow
- Pioneer Symphony Band to present spirited All Hallows Concert on Oct. 19
- A2 Schools Podcast episode 3, Principal Kerry Beal talks about Allen Elementary’s memorable 14 months
- Pioneer Theatre Guild to present “High School Musical” in November
- Pioneer High School section pride day, That’s A Great Idea!
Jeff Kass hopes his new book, “Knuckleheads,” will encourage young, male students to develop a love of reading. “I guess, in my heart, I really, really want those kids in my class – those dudes who hide in their sweatshirts – to pick this thing up and read it. And I hope the general audience will like it, too,” he adds. A release party for “Knuckleheads” will be hosted at 7 p.m. March 31 at The Neutral Zone, 310 E. Washington St., Ann Arbor.
Creativity continues to come alive this week as 27 Ann Arbor high school students participate in the Ann Arbor Youth Poetry Slam finals starting at 6:30 p.m. at The Neutral Zone, 310 E. Washington St., Ann Arbor. Pioneer, Huron, Skyline and Community will all be represented.
Growing up in White Plains, New York, Pioneer High’s Jeff Kass visualized becoming a professional baseball player in his near future. An avid Yankees fan, Kass devoted his summers to playing baseball, watching baseball, dreaming baseball – and reading volumes upon volumes of novels. Although his plans never made it to the big leagues his childhood love for the literary arts blossomed into a larger passion.