- FutureStars 2019 promises to feature outstanding talent; see highlights from a preliminary show dress rehearsal
- Monica Brennan, Angell Elementary second grade teacher
- Making a positive impact is part of the job, says bus driver lauded for his concern for kids
- Skyline Theatre to present energetic “Get Hype” Jan. 25
- Celebrity Chef Jet Tila visits AAPS, encourages culinary arts students to travel, explore, work hard
An exciting project at Lakewood Elementary is bringing creativity and collaboration to a whole new level.
Tahani Othman’s fifth grade class gave a $525 check to Meals on Wheels Director Beth Adams Tuesday afternoon. The donation was the result of a two-month long economics lesson that taught basic economics principles, which the students summarized in essays and shared with Adams on June 11.
Lakewood Principal Michael Johnson promised any student who participated in fundraising for the school’s Jump Rope for Heart Event and earned more than $50 would be able to pie him in the face.
There was a snow day on Feb. 11 this year, which was the day most schools had planned their National African American Parent Involvement Day activities. School have rescheduled their NAAPID celebrations since then. One …