- Allen Elementary School one year after flood, readying for 2017-18 school year
- Back to school 2017: 3 from Pioneer’s Class of 2010 will be new AAPS teachers this year
- What’s a 12-letter term for impressive? Peter Collins, whose 100th (!) crossword puzzle will soon be published in The New York Times
- Pioneer graduate commissioned by violinists from 35 countries; will bring world together through music
- Huron graduate awarded scholarship; hopes to change lives through music therapy
An exciting project at Lakewood Elementary is bringing creativity and collaboration to a whole new level.
Tahani Othman’s fifth grade class gave a $525 check to Meals on Wheels Director Beth Adams Tuesday afternoon. The donation was the result of a two-month long economics lesson that taught basic economics principles, which the students summarized in essays and shared with Adams on June 11.
Lakewood Principal Michael Johnson promised any student who participated in fundraising for the school’s Jump Rope for Heart Event and earned more than $50 would be able to pie him in the face.
There was a snow day on Feb. 11 this year, which was the day most schools had planned their National African American Parent Involvement Day activities. School have rescheduled their NAAPID celebrations since then. One of Lakewood Elementary’s NAAPID activities was to read “Each Kindness,” …