- Ann Arbor mayor talks civics & safety with Thurston 2nd graders
- King students & staff give beloved custodian an emotional send-off on his last day
- Local professionals help Scarlett students hone interview skills on annual Portfolio Day
- Vanessa D’Souza, Burns Park second grade teacher
- AAPS excels at Washtenaw Elementary Science Olympiad: See local results
An exciting project at Lakewood Elementary is bringing creativity and collaboration to a whole new level.
Tahani Othman’s fifth grade class gave a $525 check to Meals on Wheels Director Beth Adams Tuesday afternoon. The donation was the result of a two-month long economics lesson that taught basic economics principles, which the students summarized in essays and shared with Adams on June 11.
Lakewood Principal Michael Johnson promised any student who participated in fundraising for the school’s Jump Rope for Heart Event and earned more than $50 would be able to pie him in the face.
There was a snow day on Feb. 11 this year, which was the day most schools had planned their National African American Parent Involvement Day activities. School have rescheduled their NAAPID celebrations since then. One …