- Natasha Stewart, Logan Elementary third grade teacher
- Ann Arbor Adult Education will host its first job fair—along with free food distribution—this Wednesday, Nov 14
- Anna Courage, Ann Arbor Open teacher consultant/Resource Room teacher
- Young Men of Promise: Gabe Nwogu, Pioneer HIgh School
- Carpenter students celebrate 3,242 acts of kindness; debut song written by their music teacher
An exciting project at Lakewood Elementary is bringing creativity and collaboration to a whole new level.
Tahani Othman’s fifth grade class gave a $525 check to Meals on Wheels Director Beth Adams Tuesday afternoon. The donation was the result of a two-month long economics lesson that taught basic economics principles, which the students summarized in essays and shared with Adams on June 11.
Lakewood Principal Michael Johnson promised any student who participated in fundraising for the school’s Jump Rope for Heart Event and earned more than $50 would be able to pie him in the face.
There was a snow day on Feb. 11 this year, which was the day most schools had planned their National African American Parent Involvement Day activities. School have rescheduled their NAAPID celebrations since then. One …