- Pioneer bids a safe farewell to its senior class with all-night Senior Bon Voyage Party
- Muneer Khalid, Scarlett Middle School Strategies for Success teacher
- The Huron Players present ‘The Tell-Tale Farce’ this weekend and next
- Volunteers renovate, beautify the Clague Middle School courtyard in `town-gown’ collaboration
- Hannah Gottlieb, Clague Middle School math teacher
An exciting project at Lakewood Elementary is bringing creativity and collaboration to a whole new level.
Tahani Othman’s fifth grade class gave a $525 check to Meals on Wheels Director Beth Adams Tuesday afternoon. The donation was the result of a two-month long economics lesson that taught basic economics principles, which the students summarized in essays and shared with Adams on June 11.
Lakewood Principal Michael Johnson promised any student who participated in fundraising for the school’s Jump Rope for Heart Event and earned more than $50 would be able to pie him in the face.
There was a snow day on Feb. 11 this year, which was the day most schools had planned their National African American Parent Involvement Day activities. School have rescheduled their NAAPID celebrations since then. One of Lakewood Elementary’s NAAPID activities was to read “Each Kindness,” …