- Lawton students applaud longtime volunteer on her 90th birthday
- Community High School’s beloved matriarch is still going strong—and loving it—after 33 years
- Action-packed AAPS District STEAM Expo showcases students’ creativity, ingenuity
- Bianka VonKulajta, Westerman Preschool & Family Center social worker
- What a thrill! Community High Jazz combo performs for Wynton Marsalis
The AAPS Board of Education voted at the Aug. 14 meeting to rescind the $100 fee for the 7th-hour class offered at Huron, Pioneer and Community High Schools.
The Board has instructed the AAPS Administration to further study this fee-based 7th-hour class program.
Trustee Irene Patalan supports this motion and looks forward to continue to study the 7th-hour class fee-based option. Trustee Andy Thomas commented that he supports the 7th-hour class fee but says the district is struggling with valuable things like the 7th-hour class and the financial situation of the district.
The board voted unanimously to rescind the $100 fee effective this school year.