- Spotlight on theater expands at every level; classes help students gain self confidence, practical skills
- Robert Cupit, Project Lead the Way teacher, Huron High School
- AAPS launches the first IB Career-related Programme (CP) in the state
- Profile: Sophomore quarterback giving Pioneer plenty of hope for now and the future
- Jill Wesley, Lawton Elementary fifth grade teacher
The AAPS Board of Education voted at the Aug. 14 meeting to rescind the $100 fee for the 7th-hour class offered at Huron, Pioneer and Community High Schools.
The Board has instructed the AAPS Administration to further study this fee-based 7th-hour class program.
Trustee Irene Patalan supports this motion and looks forward to continue to study the 7th-hour class fee-based option. Trustee Andy Thomas commented that he supports the 7th-hour class fee but says the district is struggling with valuable things like the 7th-hour class and the financial situation of the district.
The board voted unanimously to rescind the $100 fee effective this school year.