Nov. 8, 2013
By Tara Cavanaugh
Superintendent Dr. Jeanice Swift has been doing a lot of listening and learning this fall. And she’s not done yet.
Dr. Swift marked her 40th community forum on her Listen and Learn Tour at Pioneer High School on Thursday. She’s met with teachers and staff, parents, the larger Ann Arbor community, and as of this week, she’s also met with high school students.
Those attending the forum discuss the following topics in groups:
- What is going well in the district and what are we proud of?
- What areas need our attention?
- What do we dream of and hope to achieve for our children and AAPS over the next 10-15 years?
- What are the top 3 priorities you would like Dr. Swift to address?
All group and individual written responses from the forums are being collected and analyzed. Dr. Swift will present a report about her findings from the tour in January.
(The above slideshow presents photos from parent and staff forums at Angell, Huron, Pioneer, Abbot, Slauson and Logan.)
Related on the AAPS News:
- Dr. Swift’s Listen and Learn Tour schedule
- Neighborhood schools, budget cuts themes at first community forum
- Superintendent’s Blog: Listening and Learning from Ann Arbor
Kudos to Dr. Swift for doing these. The one I went to was quite interesting and I hope the last several will be well-attended.