- Wynton Marsalis listening to the kids perform, encouraging them as they played, and then congratulating each of them individually.
- CHS Jazz trumpet student Jake Lee, during dinner, sitting between Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra’s tenor saxophonist Victor Goines and 7-time Grammy/4-time Emmy winner Bob Hurst, who is the bassist on Paul McCartney’s latest album and was an 8-year member of The Tonight Show Band with Leno.
- Terrence Vick and Tim Kohn sandwiched between Emmy-winning CBS reporter and show-host Carol Cain and Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra’s alto saxophonist Ted Nash for dinner.
- The students getting to perform for (and hobnob with) folks like NFL Linebacker Dhani Jones (from the Giants, 49ers), executives such as Marianne Udow-Phillips, Peter Schweitzer, Mark Bernstein, Matthew VanBiesen, and UM Athletic Director Warde Manuel.
- Marsalis’s speech on how we are ripe for a revolution that is steeped in love, honest exchange of far-reaching support, and how the arts lead the way in these pursuits.
The AAPS News welcomes thoughtful comments,
questions and feedback.
All comments will be screened and moderated.
In order for your comment to be approved:
- + You must use your full name
- + You must not use profane or offensive language
- + Your comment must be on topic and relevant to the story
Please note: any comment that appears to be spam or attacks an individual will not be approved.