Nov. 5, 2013
By Tara Cavanaugh
“It is with deep gratitude that I thank the stakeholders of the Ann Arbor Public School district. Once again the voters have shown their support by investing in our students,” said AAPS Superintendent Dr. Jeanice Swift.
“I want to thank our parents and the voters who went to the polls today to vote to invest in our children and the Ann Arbor Public Schools. I also want to sincerely thank the Citizen’s Millage Committee – a dedicated group of parents and community leaders – who rallied in support of the Sinking Fund. They have my gratitude for their commitment to this district.
“AAPS will continue to be good stewards of the tax dollars to ensure all of our students continue to receive an exceptional education.”
More on the Sinking Fund:
- VIDEO: The 2013 AAPS Sinking Fund
- Sinking Fund FAQ
- Creating a solid foundation for district operations: the Sinking Fund
- Sinking Fund pays for building safety and security
- Energy upgrades help district save money
- Sinking Fund provides adaptive playground at Haisley