Jan. 9, 2014
By Tara Cavanaugh
Later this month, Dr. Swift will hold meetings at AAPS middle schools to share feedback from her Listen & Learn tour.
This past fall, Dr. Swift held over 80 Listen and Learn sessions and heard from over 2,000 members of the community about their concerns for the district.
The data gathered from these sessions is being analyzed by a team of researchers at the University of Michigan School of Education. At the middle school meetings Dr. Swift will share the first initial findings from the Listen & Learn data as well as next steps. A short video highlighting the tour will also be shown.
At the upcoming meetings, Dr. Swift will present the trends and common themes in the community feedback.
Meeting schedule (all meetings take place from 6:30-8 p.m.)
- Tuesday, Jan. 28 at Clague This has been rescheduled for Feb. 3 at Clague
- Thursday, Jan. 30 at Forsythe
- Tuesday, Feb. 4 at Scarlett
- Wednesday, Feb. 5 at Slauson
- Thursday, Feb. 6 at Tappan
The data will also be shared via Schoolmessenger to every parent in the district.
In her latest blog post, Dr. Swift talks about themes from the community feedback and changes already underway as a result of the tour.
“We are coming together as a community to better understand specific steps we can take to extend and enhance the quality for which Ann Arbor is already well-known,” Dr. Swift writes. “I am proud of the extremely high level of engagement in this Listen and Learn process.”
More on the AAPS News
- Superintendent’s Blog: Reflection on the Listen & Learn tour
- Superintendent Dr. Swift completes over 80 Listen & Learn community forums
- Neighborhood schools, budget cuts themes at first Listen & Learn community forum at Angell Elementary
The AAPS News welcomes thoughtful comments,All comments will be screened and moderated.
In order for your comment to be approved:
questions and feedback.
- + You must use your full name
- + You must not use profane or offensive language
- + Your comment must be on topic and relevant to the story