- Skyline High presents “Almost, Maine” Feb. 26
- 30 seconds with … Deborah Joseph & Bryant kinders celebrate 100th day in costume
- Sarah Bradley, Abbot Elementary Young Fives teacher
- The Bichini Bia Congo Dance Theater thrills Dicken community with interactive performance on NAAPID 2019
- Erin Wright, Eberwhite fifth grade teacher
By Jo Mathis
AAPS District News
Three Ann Arbor Pioneer High School students have received the first annual Baublit Business Scholarship.
John Baublit, who retired from Pioneer High School in 2010 after working as a business teacher there for 39 years, established the scholarship for Pioneer business students who show the most interest and promise for preparation of a career in business.
The winners are Aaron Ciarkowski, Jordan Dubreuil and John Kunec, who each received $2,000 to pursue their education. The awards were based upon the submission of a letter of application, resume, and an interview with a panel of former Pioneer alumni.
Baublit helped thousands of Pioneer students obtain their first jobs through his cooperative occupational education job placement program, and spent four decades helping students gain business and marketing skills they could immediately apply in the business world. He was also the advisor of the Pioneer DECA chapter, and coached 160 Michigan State DECA student champions during his career. Baublit is still involved with judging DECA conferences each year and remains a mentor to many.