- Christine Woelmer, Allen Elementary media specialist
- Skyline’s annual Black History Month Assembly again inspires with music, dance, art, poetry, drama
- Pioneer High School Athletic Director Eve Claar named Region Six Athletic Director of the Year
- ‘Bring a buddy to the football team — the more the better!” Harbaugh brothers inspire Pioneer football team to share the love
- Pioneer heading to nationals after winning the Michigan High School Ethics Bowl State Championship
University Musical Society
Kristi Bishop thought she was going to a typical staff meeting a few weeks ago on Jan. 30. But little did she know the meeting was a ruse, set up to gather her with staff for a big surprise: in the middle of the meeting, Bishop discovered she earned an award for Teacher of the Year.
Huron’s Chamber Orchestra learned about baroque musical style and history from a member of Apollo’s Fire, a world-famous music ensemble.
Carpenter art teacher Meredith Giltner, Principal Charles Davis Jr., and music teacher Laura Machida. The University Musical Society named Carpenter Elementary its “DTE Energy Foundation School of the Year” for its dedication and commitment to …
Omari Rush interviews a student during Portfolio Day at Scarlett Middle School May 15, 2012. The Ann Arbor Public Schools Educational Foundation (AAPSEF) is proud to announce that Omari Rush has been appointed Chair of …
The University Musical Society gives Angell Elementary “School of the Year” for two decades of involvement with UMS; Clemente’s Joey Parins earns kudos for making arts education a priority for all students.
WITH SLIDE SHOW: A series of briefs from around the Ann Arbor Public Schools and area including: Community High class runs through Hell, Huron students earn music honors, among others.
The University Musical Society is singing the praises of Burns Park Elementary School, which was recently selected as the UMS School of the Year for its rich history in fine arts and music.
The University Musical Society has honored Ann Arbor’s Burns Park Elementary School as its 2009-10 School of the Year. DTE Energy Foundation sponsors the award through a commitment to UMS’s Youth Education Programs.