- Natasha Stewart, Logan Elementary third grade teacher
- Ann Arbor Adult Education will host its first job fair—along with free food distribution—this Wednesday, Nov 14
- Anna Courage, Ann Arbor Open teacher consultant/Resource Room teacher
- Young Men of Promise: Gabe Nwogu, Pioneer HIgh School
- Carpenter students celebrate 3,242 acts of kindness; debut song written by their music teacher
A student-run program designed to resolve conflict among peers has expanded in Ann Arbor. Peers Making Peace was first adopted at Pioneer High School and has now moved into Skyline, Stone and Clemente high schools as well as Slauson Middle School. “I think it’s a terrific program,” said Slauson Principal Chris Curtis. “I’m very supportive of it. It empowers the students.”
Forty four Ann Arbor students have been selected to participate in a state-level junior high/middle school honors choir this month in Grand Rapids.