- 16th annual FutureStars set for Jan. 27; calls on students to ‘Rise Up’
- Tappan Middle School holds inspirational MLK Jr. Assemblies
- Colleen Creal, Pioneer High School guidance counselor
- Skyline senior Amanda Wilhoit finds her path on stage
- Gwen Cowhy, Slauson Middle School science teacher
During a budget forum Monday, Interim Superintendent Robert Allen shared proposed reductions for the 2011-12 budget and said that the district will host a May 6 session with school board members and state legislators at Pioneer High School starting at 5:30 p.m. A second budget forum will be at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, April 28 at Skyline High School.
The Ann Arbor PTOC is involved at state-level school financing discussions, provides professional training to nonprofit officers and encourages parent involvement in the schools. (Second in a series.)
A core group of Ann Arbor Public Schools parents has banded together to advocate and create a voice for change in state funding for public schools. The PTO Advocacy Committee meets again on March 23.