- Community conversation to kick off this month will lead to new AAPS Strategic Plan
- Darcy Knoll, Pittsfield and Pattengill elementary physical education teacher
- That’s a Great Idea: PLPs on sticky labels keep students focused on goals
- Superintendent Swift promotes public education as Michigan Superintendent of the Year
- Don Packard, Pioneer High School English teacher
During a budget forum Monday, Interim Superintendent Robert Allen shared proposed reductions for the 2011-12 budget and said that the district will host a May 6 session with school board members and state legislators at Pioneer High School starting at 5:30 p.m. A second budget forum will be at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, April 28 at Skyline High School.
The Ann Arbor PTOC is involved at state-level school financing discussions, provides professional training to nonprofit officers and encourages parent involvement in the schools. (Second in a series.)
A core group of Ann Arbor Public Schools parents has banded together to advocate and create a voice for change in state funding for public schools. The PTO Advocacy Committee meets again on March 23.