- Community High’s award-winning The Communicator is 100 percent student-run
- Pioneer junior deals with grief through art; hopes to help others through her speech at TEDx Saturday, March 17
- Youth Art Month in downtown Ann Arbor
- Pioneer High to present 62nd annual Concerto Concert March 21
- Teens will speak on topics they’re passionate about during TEDx Youth@AnnArbor Saturday
After four years of the program’s academic guidance and college preparation, they had become scholars, and they knew they could rise to whatever greatness they aspired.
Huron senior Abraham Fasina and counselor Brad Jackson Abraham Fasina is a 17-year-old Huron senior, a Rising Scholar an immigrant from Nigeria. He is also a finalist for this year’s Gates Millennium Scholarship. Abraham, whose nickname is Ayo, was nominated for the scholarship by Huron …
Superintendent Dr. Patricia Green with her friend and mentor Dr. James Comer at Allen Elementary Monday night. Dr. Green holds a copy of Dr. Comer’s most recent book: “The Road Less Traveled: How the Developmental Sciences Can Prepare Educators to Improve Student Achievement.” By Tara …
Students at all three Ann Arbor comprehensive high schools are in their second year of the Rising Scholars program, a partnership with U-M’s Center for Educational Outreach. It targets bright students with extra support to encourage them to excel, take advanced classes and attend college.