- Slauson and Clague students excel at State Science Olympiad Tournament
- Ann Arbor Public Schools preparing to meet requirements of state’s 3rd grade reading law
- Scarlett Middle School 8th graders learn job interview skills on Portfolio Day
- Greatness is made one day at a time, Rising Scholars are told at annual leadership conference
- Community High jazz band wins Downbeat Magazine Student Music Award; will be featured guests at annual Jazz Blowout at The Ark May 22
After four years of the program’s academic guidance and college preparation, they had become scholars, and they knew they could rise to whatever greatness they aspired.
Huron senior Abraham Fasina and counselor Brad Jackson Abraham Fasina is a 17-year-old Huron senior, a Rising Scholar an immigrant from Nigeria. He is also a finalist for this year’s Gates Millennium Scholarship. Abraham, whose nickname is Ayo, was nominated for the scholarship by Huron …
Superintendent Dr. Patricia Green with her friend and mentor Dr. James Comer at Allen Elementary Monday night. Dr. Green holds a copy of Dr. Comer’s most recent book: “The Road Less Traveled: How the Developmental Sciences Can Prepare Educators to Improve Student Achievement.” By Tara …
Students at all three Ann Arbor comprehensive high schools are in their second year of the Rising Scholars program, a partnership with U-M’s Center for Educational Outreach. It targets bright students with extra support to encourage them to excel, take advanced classes and attend college.