- Alivia Maus, Dicken Elementary first grade teacher
- Ritchie Coleman retires as Pittsfield Township’s longtime liaison to AAPS; described as ‘servant to all’
- Pioneer Symphony Orchestra to hold preview concert Dec. 13 prior to attending prestigious Midwest Clinic
- Skyline Anti-Bullying Club offers supportive atmosphere for students
- Burns Park students get a taste for keeping cool under pressure in “Chopped Assembly”
Preschool and Family Center
The Ann Arbor Preschool and Family Center threw its first-ever Transportation Day Oct. 5. Families and children explored vehicles from Kid Kruiser, LLC; the Ann Arbor Fire Department, Ford Motor Company, Lowell’s Towing and the AAPS Transportation and Physical Properties Departments.
WITH VIDEO: Pre-cooked chicken dinners as well as fresh produce were given to Ann Arbor preschool families during the monthly Farmers Market
Ann Arbor Public Schools Preschool and Family Center has been accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children. Interim Principal Michelle Pogliano said the accreditation “shows that the center meets high standards the district has set for early childhood education.”
A memorial service is scheduled Jan. 17 for Connie Toigo, longtime principal at the Ann Arbor Preschool and Family Center. She died Dec. 30.
A series of news briefs and accomplishments about and for the Ann Arbor Public Schools community.