- FutureStars 2019 promises to feature outstanding talent; see highlights from a preliminary show dress rehearsal
- Monica Brennan, Angell Elementary second grade teacher
- Making a positive impact is part of the job, says bus driver lauded for his concern for kids
- Skyline Theatre to present energetic “Get Hype” Jan. 25
- Celebrity Chef Jet Tila visits AAPS, encourages culinary arts students to travel, explore, work hard
A series of briefs from around the district, including: WAY Washtenaw meeting June 14, Kiwanians give scholarships, One Million Reasons foundation fundraiser under way, Carpenter Girl Scouts donate to C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital and more.
The Ann Arbor Public Schools Educational Foundation has awarded $22,000 in grants to the Ann Arbor Public Schools for current year programs and DFCU Financial donates $10,000 to the 2011 AAPSEF One Million Reasons campaign.
For a second year, the AAPS Educational Foundation is working to raise $1 million to help fund programs that could be cut because of anticipated state budget cuts and a lack of educational resources.
A $50,000 donation in memory of the late Dr. James A. Norton Jr. to the AAPS Educational Foundation will be used to match school employees contributions to the foundation through Sept. 30.
A substantial gift from IMRA America to the AAPS Educational Foundation will support math and science programs in the Ann Arbor Public Schools for the 2010-11 year.
The Ann Arbor Public Schools Educational Foundation has already raised $60,000 in the first month of an ambitious campaign to raise $1 million in funds for the 2010-11 academic year.