- Pioneer bids a safe farewell to its senior class with all-night Senior Bon Voyage Party
- Muneer Khalid, Scarlett Middle School Strategies for Success teacher
- The Huron Players present ‘The Tell-Tale Farce’ this weekend and next
- Volunteers renovate, beautify the Clague Middle School courtyard in `town-gown’ collaboration
- Hannah Gottlieb, Clague Middle School math teacher
Three orientation sessions are scheduled for Ann Arbor school district families interested in applying for one of 108 open freshman slots at Community High School for the 2010-11 school year.
Reduced pay, fewer jobs, alternative approaches and new revenue options are being discussed as the district works on a budget shortfall estimated at $21 million.
A series of four budget meetings are scheduled around the district this month to get public feedback on the 2010-11 fiscal budget. An online survey also invites reader feedback.
School officials are hosting four public information sessions in January where participants will be encouraged to offer ideas for budget reductions.
Registration begins in January for winter semester of English as a Second Language program in The Ann Arbor Public Schools. Many cultures and languages are represented in the program.
Information sessions have been scheduled in January to discuss proposed school district budget cuts and and seek input and ideas from the public.
A regional school millage proposal in Washtenaw County failed Tuesday, according to unofficial vote totals reported by the county clerk.