- What to do after graduation? Counseling Outreach Programs supplement the extensive support available in the high schools
- Marie Embry, Pattengill Elementary fifth grade teacher
- AAPS students study the biodiversity at future site of the Freeman Environmental Education Center
- All Hallows Band Concert set for Thursday, Oct. 18 at Pioneer’s Schreiber Auditorium
- Esteemed songwriter/composers talk to Pioneer students about their craft; new book
Crowds of family and friends enjoyed the annual Pittsfield Elementary Science Fair held Thursday, April 26. Displays ranging from planets to pizza and magnets to magma filled the multi-purpose room and school gym. This non-competitive fair is open to every student. Participation from all grades was enthusiastic as kindergarteners up through fifth graders asked questions, presented experiments and exhibited collections using scientific guidelines and methods.
The school’s fourth grade team recently earned first place in “Potions” at the Washtenaw Elementary Science Olympiad making this year’s Science Fair a wonderful culmination of hard work on the part of all Pittsfield’s budding scientists.
–Submitted by Simone Samano