- Schools of Choice applications are open to Washtenaw County residents only
- Applications will be available at Balas or online starting April 1
- Enrollments accepted April 16 – May 16
- No applications will be accepted before April 16
- This is a lottery process. It is not first come, first serve
- Applications accepted at Balas Administration Building (2555 South State St.)
The Schools of Choice options for the 2012-2013 school year are:
- Kindergarten, 1st and 6th grades (NOTE: Limited seats available for 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th grades)
- 40 seats in Kindergarten
- 40 seats in 1st grade
- 10 seats each in grades 2, 3, 4, 5
- 50 seats in 6th grade
- Elementary schools: Abbot, Bryant, Carpenter, Dicken, Eberwhite, Lakewood, Logan, Northside, Pittsfield, Pattengill, Thurston
- Middle schools: Clague, Forsythe, Scarlett, Slauson
Currently, the district does not know how many seats per school are available, and will not know until all applications are in.
For more information call 994-2200 or go to a2schools.org.
The AAPS News welcomes thoughtful comments,
questions and feedback.
All comments will be screened and moderated.
In order for your comment to be approved:
- + You must use your full name
- + You must not use profane or offensive language
- + Your comment must be on topic and relevant to the story
Please note: any comment that appears to be spam or attacks an individual will not be approved.