The Huron High School Music Department recently received some great news from state music organizations.
MSBOA (The Michigan School Band and Orchestra Association) has named three Huron ensembles as performers at next year’s Michigan Music Conference on Jan. 23 and 24, 2016.
The featured performers are:
- The Huron High School Symphony Orchestra, Timothy Krohn, conductor
- The Huron High School Symphony Band, Stephen Roberts, conductor
- The Huron High School Jazz Band, Stephen Roberts, director
Also, MSVMA (The Michigan School Vocal Music Association) has selected the Huron High School Bel Canto Choir, Bonnie Kidd, conductor, as one of its featured ensembles at the Michigan Music Conference.
It is very unusual that four groups from the same school are accepted to perform at the state conference, according to Stephen Roberts, Huron’s director of bands.
The AAPS News welcomes thoughtful comments,
questions and feedback.
All comments will be screened and moderated.
In order for your comment to be approved:
- + You must use your full name
- + You must not use profane or offensive language
- + Your comment must be on topic and relevant to the story
Please note: any comment that appears to be spam or attacks an individual will not be approved.