- Poet speaks at AAPS high schools prior to free screening of documentary Sept. 28 at the Neutral Zone
- Slauson Middle School’s new outdoor classroom lets students learn in the fresh air and sunshine while enjoying the garden
- Veronica Nowicki, Lawton Second grade teacher
- New pianos likely coming to AAPS middle and high schools
- AAPS manager helps victims of Hurricane Harvey; pilots Chinook that delivered much-needed supplies
University of Michigan Mitchell-Scarlett Partnership
Story and photos by Jo Mathis/AAPS District News Editor For the past eight years, the University of Michigan and the Ann Arbor Public Schools have enjoyed a robust, mutually beneficial partnership. Last night, U-M and AAPS officials shared what they’ve learned from their collaboration. Tucked into …
Thanks to a partnership with the University of Michigan School of Music, Theater and Dance and the School of Social Work, along with U-M’s innovative “Third Century Initiative” Grants, an El Sistema music program is being piloted at Mitchell Elementary.
The “Digital Dialogue Cultural Exchange” provided students with a meaningful writing opportunity and a way to develop technology skills.