- Community conversation to kick off this month will lead to new AAPS Strategic Plan
- Darcy Knoll, Pittsfield and Pattengill elementary physical education teacher
- That’s a Great Idea: PLPs on sticky labels keep students focused on goals
- Superintendent Swift promotes public education as Michigan Superintendent of the Year
- Don Packard, Pioneer High School English teacher
University of Michigan Mitchell-Scarlett Partnership
The University of Michigan soccer team displayed the art and writing of 117 AAPS students at their soccer game again against Northwestern on September 24. Thanks to generous donations from the Malloy Foundation and the University of Michigan men’s soccer team, students and their families …
Story and photos by Jo Mathis/AAPS District News Editor For the past eight years, the University of Michigan and the Ann Arbor Public Schools have enjoyed a robust, mutually beneficial partnership. Last night, U-M and AAPS officials shared what they’ve learned from their collaboration. Tucked into …
Thanks to a partnership with the University of Michigan School of Music, Theater and Dance and the School of Social Work, along with U-M’s innovative “Third Century Initiative” Grants, an El Sistema music program is being piloted at Mitchell Elementary.
The “Digital Dialogue Cultural Exchange” provided students with a meaningful writing opportunity and a way to develop technology skills.