- Skyline’s Pat Jenkins named Washtenaw County’s 2018 Distinguished Teacher of the Year
- Carpenter’s Lisa Cope named 2018 Washtenaw County Teacher of the Year
- Community High’s award-winning The Communicator is 100 percent student-run
- Pioneer junior deals with grief through art; hopes to help others through her speech at TEDx Saturday, March 17
- Youth Art Month in downtown Ann Arbor
By Tara Cavanaugh Huron High School, Pioneer High School, Skyline High School and Community High School are listed on Newsweek’s annual “Best High Schools” list this year.
Huron High School alum, and U.S. Marine Band clarinetist Jonathon Troy returned to the district for a Picnic Pop performance May 20, 2012. “I just wanted to let you know that the music programs in the Ann Arbor Public Schools are extraordinary,” he said to …
If you want to see a tight-knit community, just look at Carpenter Elementary. At the school’s 175th anniversary celebration on April 26, students, staff and visitors sang together. They danced together. They marched together to the beat of the Huron High School drum line.It was a community joyously in sync.