- Christine Woelmer, Allen Elementary media specialist
- Skyline’s annual Black History Month Assembly again inspires with music, dance, art, poetry, drama
- Pioneer High School Athletic Director Eve Claar named Region Six Athletic Director of the Year
- ‘Bring a buddy to the football team — the more the better!” Harbaugh brothers inspire Pioneer football team to share the love
- Pioneer heading to nationals after winning the Michigan High School Ethics Bowl State Championship
The Academy is held for three weeks every summer and is formed by a partnership between the University of Michigan School of Education and the district.
“Today you are officially a published author!” proclaimed English teacher Sal Barrientes to a room full of seventh graders on June 3. That day, the book “I Could Only Look Up: Anatomy of a Middle School” was unveiled by the staff at 826michigan, who accompanied students on every step of their publishing journey.
The Ann Arbor Public Schools is pleased to announce the hiring of Mr. Ché A. Carter as Principal of Clague Middle School beginning in the fall 2013-2014 school year.
Tappan Middle School’s eighth grade band, choir and orchestra have the honor of performing at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C. next month to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech.
Business professionals from the community volunteered to conduct one-on-one mock interviews with eighth graders, and the students showed off their new portfolios and best professional demeanors.
Forsythe’s adaptive physical education class, which pairs special needs students with general education “buddies,” sparks friendships and understanding between the two student populations.
By Tara Cavanaugh An Northside third grader is crashing to the ground in a melodramatic fashion, splintering her voice like a lightning bolt. And she’s not going to get in trouble. Just the opposite: she’ll …
Courtney Boes, a health educator with Project Healthy Schools, shows students how much sugar is in their favorite beverages. By Tara Cavanaugh Middle school students are starting to make their own food decisions, so it’s …