- Alivia Maus, Dicken Elementary first grade teacher
- Ritchie Coleman retires as Pittsfield Township’s longtime liaison to AAPS; described as ‘servant to all’
- Pioneer Symphony Orchestra to hold preview concert Dec. 13 prior to attending prestigious Midwest Clinic
- Skyline Anti-Bullying Club offers supportive atmosphere for students
- Burns Park students get a taste for keeping cool under pressure in “Chopped Assembly”
“Exceptional Teacher” profiles
“I like to introduce them to art forms that inspire them and I love to highlight how impressive and deeply artistic they already are. This age group is constantly thinking and analyzing and growing,” Clague choir teacher Dianna Hochella on teaching middle school aged students.
I know school is a key for future success and that they’ll be there for a minimum of 13 years. So, why not enjoy at least 13 years of your life?
Deborah Joseph teaches kindergarten at Bryant Elementary. Photo by Jo Mathis. Deborah Joseph grew up in Detroit in a family of educators. She was an avid reader as a child, and would spend her summers sitting on her front porch with a book. She received …