- Pioneer High School Bands to hold All Hallows’ Concert October 17
- Family of Pattengill third grader recently diagnosed with leukemia: ‘Please join bone marrow registry’
- Julie Arbour, King Elementary physical education teacher
- 30 seconds with: The Clague Middle School Orchestra
- Profile: Pioneer golfer Amaya Melendez is online and on course for another big season
The AAPS Board of Education voted at the Aug. 14 meeting to rescind the $100 fee for the 7th-hour class offered at Huron, Pioneer and Community High Schools.
The Board has instructed the AAPS Administration to further study this fee-based 7th-hour class program.
Trustee Irene Patalan supports this motion and looks forward to continue to study the 7th-hour class fee-based option. Trustee Andy Thomas commented that he supports the 7th-hour class fee but says the district is struggling with valuable things like the 7th-hour class and the financial situation of the district.
The board voted unanimously to rescind the $100 fee effective this school year.