- Ann Arbor mayor talks civics & safety with Thurston 2nd graders
- King students & staff give beloved custodian an emotional send-off on his last day
- Local professionals help Scarlett students hone interview skills on annual Portfolio Day
- Vanessa D’Souza, Burns Park second grade teacher
- AAPS excels at Washtenaw Elementary Science Olympiad: See local results
The AAPS Board of Education voted at the Aug. 14 meeting to rescind the $100 fee for the 7th-hour class offered at Huron, Pioneer and Community High Schools.
The Board has instructed the AAPS Administration to further study this fee-based 7th-hour class program.
Trustee Irene Patalan supports this motion and looks forward to continue to study the 7th-hour class fee-based option. Trustee Andy Thomas commented that he supports the 7th-hour class fee but says the district is struggling with valuable things like the 7th-hour class and the financial situation of the district.
The board voted unanimously to rescind the $100 fee effective this school year.