- Pioneer junior deals with grief through art; hopes to help others through her speech at TEDx Saturday, March 17
- Youth Art Month in downtown Ann Arbor
- Pioneer High to present 62nd annual Concerto Concert March 21
- Teens will speak on topics they’re passionate about during TEDx Youth@AnnArbor Saturday
- Inspired by speaker at school assembly, Tappan student is now selling her self-published book on Amazon
Photos by Jo Mathis/AAPS District News Playing before a huge crowd at Mighigan Stadium was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the Pioneer High School Pioneers on Aug. 27. The “Battle at the Big House” was indeed a tough contest against an impressive foe. Though the Pioneers fell …
“We encouraged all principals this past year to reach out to their school communities on Twitter, and they eagerly responded. As a result, our students and families, staff and stakeholders have a better understanding of what makes Ann Arbor Public Schools exceptional,” said AAPS District News Editor Jo Mathis.
By Jo Mathis/AAPS District News Educational trainer Charlie Appelstein didn’t compare notes with AAPS Superintendent Jeanice Swift before he spoke to staff Thursday at a day-long conference Thursday. But the two are clearly on the same page. Two days after Swift spoke to building principals …
Photos and video by Jo Mathis/AAPS District News As one of Rec & Ed’s most popular summer educational programs draws to a close today, another 800 AAPS children have become proud Safety Town graduates. And that means a lot of Ann Arbor area parents are …
“We treat our sports physicals almost like an annual wellness exam. It’s not like a traditional sports physical clinic where you get in and out just with the physical and go. Because with youth often their only opportunity for getting health care is once a year during their sports physical. We take that opportunity to say, lets look at your entire health,” says Nurse Practitioner Beth Kuzma.